In case you don’t know me, I am not above telling little white lies to my kids to make life easier. I’m not entirely sure how anyone can survive parenthood without letting a few slip out!
Here are the lies I have found myself telling my kid this week:
- I DID put maple syrup on the bottom pancake, it has just already soaked in so you can’t see it.
- Chuck E. Cheese’s is closed today.
- The candy corn is all gone.
- I am going to bed right now too.
- I can’t get your music to play on the car radio, so we will just have to listen to my podcast.
- The car windows don’t roll down when the car is going this fast.
- I don’t know where your markers are.
- Chick-Fil-A is closed today.
- I don’t know who ate your Halloween candy.
- That toy must have fallen in the trash.
- We are only buying three things at Target today.
- Santa Claus is watching you!